My first introduction to turmeric was when someone one told me “that stuff” can be used to make yellow rice. I was all excited to make yellow rice until i stained my white counter tops with it!
At any rate I learned how to make yellow rice that day. In addition, that turmeric was a great food coloring.
The more I started researching and listening to natural health enthusiast, the more I became excited about turmeric. Of course it isn’t new after all. People have been using turmeric for centuries. So why are there still many people who don’t use it?
Natural living is all about being in the know.
Turmeric has been used by people in South Asia for thousands of years. Turmeric has been viewed as sacred, used for medicinal purposes, and part of the process used to dye their clothing.
There are various ways that you can use turmeric, however, I am going to share 12 ways that you can use turmeric as part of your natural living tool kit.
12 Ways To Use Turmeric
1. Yellow Rice
2. Main ingredient in Curry Recipes
3. Turmeric can be purchased as a supplement
4. Teeth Whitener….what? We are thinking the same thing.
5. Liquid Gold-a healthy tea, more like Chai
6. Acne/Eczema Soothing Paste
7. Sinus Relief…we personally sprinkle it in warm lemon water when the kids are ‘stuffy’
8. Beauty Mask
9. Memory Booster
10. Natural Laxative
11. Muscle Relaxing rub…keep in mind of the temporary skin discoloration 🙂
12. Tie Dye T-Shirts
So what do you think? Do you think Turmeric is worth adding to your tool kit?
- Dr. Axe..a fav of mine
- Natural News…stay informed
- Natural Living Directory…available for you soon
- Add Turmeric To Your Shopping List
What is Natural Living to you? Click here to receive tips and strategy for natural living.
Thanks for stopping by essentialsondeck.com
Essentials for Natural Living….
Natural Living with The Chandlers
~sharing tips and strategy, back to what God intended.~